Season of Fasting & Praying Overview
Type of Fast: Daniel Fast
Duration of the Fast: 21 Days (Jan. 6 – Jan. 26)
In 2020, God wants us to THRIVE! Our first fast of the year will be focused on financial breakthrough! We will be praying and asking God to liberate, increase, stretch and protect our money. It’s His desire for us to prosper financially.
Spiritual Feasting. In order to ensure we strengthen our spiritual lives during the fast, each day, we will read passages of scripture! Reach out to someone within our church and ask him or her to read with you!
Note: If you have medical needs, please govern yourself accordingly.
- All fruits. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon and any other fruit you can think of.
- All vegetables. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Vegetables include but are not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.
- All whole grains & nuts. These can be whole wheat, brown rice, millet, quinoa, oats, barley, grits, whole-wheat pasta, whole-wheat tortillas, rice cakes, popcorn, sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, and sesame.
- All legumes. These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.
- Beverages. Spring water, distilled water or other pure juices
Try to avoid the following if you can:
- All meat and animal products including but not limited to beef, lamb, pork, poultry, and fish.
- All dairy products including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, butter, and eggs.
- All sweeteners including but not limited to sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.
- All leavened bread including Ezekiel Bread (it contains yeast and honey) and baked goods.
- All refined and processed food products including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
- All deep fried foods including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, corn chips.
- All solid fats including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.
- Beverages including but not limited to carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.